Dog Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It gets dark here in the winter at around five pm, so we figured Mikey better have a light up collar for late trips to the dog park!

It came yesterday and it's really cool! It has blue lights, and has three settings, slow flash, quick flash and just on :D

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was under twenty bucks-we usually order online for stuff like that. It came from Germany and they spelled Canada on the package with a 'K' heheh :) It's super rad-love it!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
I saw those at one of the pet trade shows and I thought they were awesome!

But not for my babies. You can't even SEE any part of a collar on them. Too much Sheltie hair. :) But for a smooth haired dog or a short haired dog, they would be fabulous!

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mikey was out in the yard tonight and we had turned it on, and Rupert could see him from his window-he looked pretty disturbed. I think he thought a ufo landed :p

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No-he noticed when we showed him but he doesn't care at all to wear it. We decided it's his regular collar and put all his tags on it, and we turn it on whenever he goes outside now (At night).

Another thing I've seen used is a cow bell on the collar. There was a spaniel at the dog park wearing one -easy to find! :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
lol, a cowbell on a spaniel! that's funny. you can already hear clover's tags pretty well when he is moving, mostly i don't want him to get hit by a car when we go for walks...some of the folks in my neighborhood drive like maniacs, and it is a pretty quiet spot with kids running around and stuff...drives me crazy! pretty soon it will be dark when i get off work so it'll be dark when we go for a walk...i've looked into all sorts of reflective and light up stuff to put on him, it's now just a matterof finding the right thing.....that collar is looking like it may soon be topping the list! is it waterproof/resistant?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It seems to be-he was wearing it in the snow and it's certainly been wet :)

For visibility -there are flashing dog tags too-or look in the cyclist section of a sports store-get some gear for both of you! :)

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes-Definitely :p

What about reflective booties...

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
maybe...i bought one of those reflective kit things that you can stick all over your gear for joggin and it came with these straps your wrap around your pants...so i put them on his ankles...he hated it, i felt really bad bc i couldn't stop laughing, he kept running around trying to kick all his feet and step out of them at the same time....he looked like he was possessed or something....maybe if i just start with one at a time tho, he can get used to them?
or maybe a sort of loosish (not hanging,but not tight) stretchy band w reflective stuff?
did you say you sew? any quickie ideas popping in your head?
i'm thinking about getting him those bootie things to protect his pads (there's a lot of granite around here, and apparently it really shreds their feet) but i'm waiting til he is done growing, they are really expensive.....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nothing comes to mind now (to sew) but I'll think on it ;)

I think work on getting him used to booties-The first time a horse wears boots, they go nutz, but then they wear them like they were born with them on. Maybe the trick is to put them on and distract them with exercise?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts