Dog Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. About two weeks ago, my 11-month-old mutt started leaving spots of anal gland secretion on our couch (you know how I know that's what it is - it smells awful. Thankfully we have a cover for our couch!).
I'd say the glands are full, but we can see the secretion come out after she poops, like it's supposed to. Usually it's just one 'dollop' (ewww), but this morning it was 5 times that.
I'm making a vet appointment for Friday to see if they need to be expressed. I just want to see what you all think. A lot of times when I go to the vet, he acts like I'm a hypochondriac. Is this something I shouldn't be worried about?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good luck keep us updated
The vet did their thing... everything looked normal, and we haven't had any 'leakage' or smells since. Threw the couch cover in the washing machine and everything is as good as new :)
As for prevention, we'll try the prune thing. We feed her pumpkin regularly, and that doesn't seem to help. I know bones are supposed to make their stools harder - maybe I'll try to add more of those to her diet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.