Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dog was spayed they did a Laproscopic spay and reading online they are supposed to do 2 incisions one above and below the umbilical cord area, but Bella only has 1 tiny incision below it, Is that normal it seems odd that they did not do 2 incisions

·
Registered
507 Posts
Some quick research says they sometimes do it with only one incision. All is normal! :)

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How big are her lymph nodes in her neck supposed to be I feel like they are swollen but there again I'm paranoid because she has a cough the vet thinks is just irritation, it's been lasting 3 days so far and I had a dog die of cancer before who had a cough and swollen lymph nodes so I don't know

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Ill just 3rd or 4th what others have said, when an previous bitch of mine when had a laparoscopic spay there was only 1 scar.

Now when my appendix burst I personally got two, but it was a plesant surprise not waking up with the 4 inch scar. What doctors and vets are doing these days is amazing! Hats off to them.

·
Banned
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I was surprised to see such a small incision I was expecting a traditional spay since I went to the cheapest place in my town, plus I didn't even know they did spays laparoscoptic until yesterday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts