Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i know its hards to tell but can anyone give me a ruff (pun intended) of what my Labrador will fill out to? Currently shes just shy of a yeat old and weighs 55lbs. I never saw the parents nor know anything about them but shes suppose to be pure lab. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
If she's just about a year old she should be just about done growing. If she does have another bit of growth spurt id say maybe 56-57, but (for those who know more/own about labs correct me if wrong) I think there just about done growing at year of age.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Is she English bred or American bred? The English bred are thicker with a much larger, almost Rottweiler-esque skull. American bred dogs are leaner with a thinner head. Also, it is a common perception that all Labs should be very thick, but really most are overweight. In fact there was even just an article published about their genetic predisposition to obesity. I personally don't think she should exceed 60 lbs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shes American. And yes if i free fed her, she would be overweight in a day! But i feed her twice a day so shes just perfect atm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.