Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I hope you can give some ideas on this matter. My 7 months old Labrador is coughing and having a strong diarrea for the last 6 hours. At first I thought it was nothing serious, but now it´s 10 pm and my dog have pooped 5 times. The poop was merely brown water... It´s kind of late here to take him to the vet... what should I do? thanks in advance!

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
The diarrhea and coughing only started 6 hours ago?

When was the last time he ate? Did this start after eating?

When was his last fecal done?

Is it possible that he got into anything he shouldn't have like the garbage?

Is he trying to dry heave (are you sure it's coughing?)

How is he acting otherwise?

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
With such frequent watery diarrhea I say call the vet asap in the morning, this type of diarrhea can lead to dehydration.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello Thanks for answer.

The diarrhea and coughing only started 6 hours ago?
- The coughing perhaps started 12 hours ago, but i´m not 100% sure

When was the last time he ate? Did this start after eating?
- He ate more or less 7 hours ago, after that he didnt want to eat more

When was his last fecal done?
- 10 minutes after his last food,

Is it possible that he got into anything he shouldn't have like the garbage?
- Could be

Is he trying to dry heave (are you sure it's coughing?)
- I´m positive he´s coughing

How is he acting otherwise?
- Now he´s shivering...!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will go to the vet first thing in the morning, but I wish I could something for him now...

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
I don't think you should wait until morning. I think you should find an emergency clinic now to rule out anything major and rehydrate...

And sorry to confuse, I meant when was the last time his feces was tested for parasites (not the last time he went to the bathroom... )

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello People. After a long night it seems that Clooney is going to get better. The vet gave him some anti dehydration drink with a syringe in his mouth, and told me to walk him in the park as many time as posibble to make him let out all the substances that caused the harm in his system. So I had walk him until 2 am. Clooney slept well until 7 am. I walked him 1 hour and when we arrived he went directly to his water pot and drank like 400 ml of fresh water. I hope he eats something during the morning. The shivering stopped, thanks for yoour help, I will let you know any updates

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
while using the clay to help treat simple diarrhea, its still important IMO to find out the cause of it if its bad, and in this case he definitely needed to be rehydrated.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
while using the clay to help treat simple diarrhea, its still important IMO to find out the cause of it if its bad, and in this case he definitely needed to be rehydrated.

Yes, thank you!

Keep the clay for things that you know the diagnosis of and are not imminently life threatening. Based on the onset of this and the signs, this outcome could have been much much worse and the clay as a substitute for a vet visit could have been deadly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts