Dog Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently got a dog and the shelter told me it was a Labrador. I think he is a Labrador mixed with something bigger because he is too high 64 cm (25 inches) and too heavy 34 kg (75lbs).

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
He doesn't have to fit show dog standards to be a purebred lab....back yard breeders don't follow standards for sizes and even pro breeders som'times produce dogs that are too big or small..

I have personally seen several PB labs that were 100lbs +

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
He doesn't have to fit show dog standards to be a purebred lab....back yard breeders don't follow standards for sizes and even pro breeders som'times produce dogs that are too big or small..

I have personally seen several PB labs that were 100lbs +
I agree, my parents have a pb boxer who is crazy thick and built and looks almost like a mastiff mix but both of his parents were pb boxers. Your dog looks like a lab to me and a very cute one at that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have an "oversized" dog as well, our miniature schnauzer. He's a couple inches taller than what the breed standards are. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
He's tall, but he's certainly not too heavy for a Lab. Looks purebred to me. My one male is approx. 23 inches tall and 90 pounds. There is not an ounce of fat on hiim.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In the top picture he looks like he has a bit of newfoundland in him, but when i look at the bottom photo, i don't really see it so much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts