Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up Jagger last week. The people were shady, were moving, I said I would be back after work to get him. They said "white lab", I say mix. I just can't figure out the mix. Lab + ?.

Goofy me ordered a dog DNA test from Amazon, waiting on it. He is 9 weeks, pure white, webbed toes. Vet said maybe husky or shepherd mix, I've been googling every mix possible, lol. Eyes are ******, hazel in color, not different colors like a husky usually has. Big webbed paws, likes water and barging into the shower with me. He is also a little nippy on the pant legs, which my other lab Lucy never did.
Here is a pic. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
He looks majority Lab. Labs have webbed toes and an affinity for water so those features fit into the Lab category. Huskies very often have brown eyes just like any other breed of dog, they are just more likely than others to have blue eyes. The nippy thing is very likely due to his age. Almost all puppies nip and just because your other dog didn't (or if she did) that's likely got nothing to do with this pup's breed.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Most dogs have webbed toes, so that's not a good indicator, to be honest. Could be mainly Lab but I don't see it.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Great Pyrenees/Labrador Retriever maybe? I didn't even know there was such a thing as a white lab.

·
Registered
880 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
There isn't really such a thing as a white lab but lots of people refer to pale yellow labs as white.

·
Registered
880 Posts
There isn't really such a thing as a white lab but lots of people refer to pale yellow labs as white.

Thanks for this. I know tons of people who have Labs since I think Maryland the hunter's choice is a Lab, a Golden, or a Chessie :) but I had never heard of a white lab. When I tried to Google it English Labs keep popping up.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
@TruckersMom - White is a variation of yellow, just like "fox" red.

OP your pup is adorable, but I'm going to go with @TruckersMom's suggestion of Great Pyrenees/Labrador Retriever mix because of what looks like a coarser coat then a lab would have - but that might be my screen :)

Reactions: TruckersMom

·
Registered
172 Posts
Husky/lab mix is possible. I don't think he's 100% lab; the set of his ears and his fur texture don't look very lab-like to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 11 of 11 Posts