Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to this so I have answered an add for a Lab x Staffy, however I believe it is a Lab x Mastif does any one have this mix?

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
No, but I dog sat a 6 week old (yes, 6 week old!) mastif puppy who might have had pit in him....out of the 20 dogs I have "sat" he was a very vicious pup! Tried to savage a 8 wk old boxer pup across the street, turned and bit me on the finger almost all the way to the finger bone, blood everywhere! Very smart but aggressive (yes, at 6 weeks, sigh) did "hard stares" at dogs 8 times larger than he was (two Irish Wolfhounds walking by, a lab, and a another mix dog!). The breeder wanted him "gone" so the buyers/owners had to take him right then and not wait another two weeks, I totally understood why. He needed an owner who could adequately socialize and train him...- another mastiff on our block got loose and bit the post carrier who went to the hospital...they are very protective of their family and property...but I heard they are also gentle giants....just dunno, just dunno.

·
Registered
7,682 Posts
Zeppelin,
Was that puppy I "dog sat" just "different" from a typical mastiff mix? I have heard some really good reports on their temperament...maybe people around here just don't know how to use positive reinforcement training or something...but the puppy was just so unbelievable in it's aggressiveness...I can't say it was reactivity...am really curious...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
as you may know persian mastiff is a guard dog and origins in iran, sarab country.
The dog is really firendly with the owner but aggressive with strangers.
Persian mastiff (Sarabi dog) is really strong and great for protecting herd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts