Dog Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! Last July I rescued a sweet dog that was guessed to be a labradoodle. I have been around many different labradoodles and my girl definitely does not seem to be one. For the record, I love her so much regardless of her breed(s). When someone asks her breed we usually just say lab mix, we have had many people tell us they think she looks like a lab/wolfhound mix. She is 4ish years old, has a very stocky build and is 95 lbs. Probably the most telling trait is she has very wiry hair. What do you all think?

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
She is a twin for my dog, Sandy! Sandy is half White German Shepherd and half Goldendoodle and weighs 85 lbs. I've had several people ask if she was an Irish Wolfhound, so I guess I can sort of see the similarity. My dad has a labradoodle who looks exactly like our dogs, except black. Doodle-mixes can definitely have that wavy, wiry haired look.

Here are some pics I have on the computer of Sandy (also, my avatar is Sandy when she was about 7 or 8 months old).

Her hair is trimmed in this pic, so she looks a little more fuzzy and a little less wiry than she really is:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might have her brother

Hi - we rescued our guy from Ohio, he was the last of several dogs and looks exactly like yours. I am thinking that he is a wolferdoddle (mix of wolfhound and doodle) since he has the personality of a wolfhound but not the size. Great dog

·
Registered
2 Posts
I might have her brother

Hi - we rescued our guy from Ohio, he was the last of several dogs and looks exactly like yours. I am thinking that he is a wolferdoddle (mix of wolfhound and doodle) since he has the personality of a wolfhound but not the size. Great dog. last weight was 105

1 - 12 of 12 Posts