Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant remember if I already made a thread similar to this or not and if I have I cant find it. Anyways, now that I have to keep Sawyer and Maye separate when I leave the house (she's started a bad habit of chewing and licking his ears and its bad enough that she pulls hair out and even through up some of his hair a few days ago, its usually not a problem when I home but when I leave and come home or even when I'm in the shower when I come back in, one or both of his ears are soaking wet) I keep them in their kennels. Since I want to keep them occupied I give them kongs, at the moment I make a mix of some kibble (I try to take it out of their normal meal if I remember), yogurt or cottage cheese, carrots since we have them, other veggies depending on what we have, lettuce, peanut butter, and strawberries or banana's, and sometimes a weeny squirt of honey, or some combination there of.
What are some other recipes for kongs? What are some healthier/low cal ones? What are your's and your dogs favorites?

Reactions: seawater

·
Registered
58 Posts
I mix together some of my dogs food with peanut butter and low sodium chicken or beef broth. Adding in fruits veggies is a great option too though! My dogs love carrots, bananas, apples, and green beans. I always freeze mine as well so they last longer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts