Dog Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was at the dollar store the other day. For the sake of curiosity I was going through the pet aisle. I came across what appeared to be name brand dog treats that are normally quite pricey and high end. On closer inspection I saw the that it was called PureSnacks but I remembered it being called purebites. I bought the product so I can get a closer look at it and that so I can research it more at home. From what I can tell purebites used to be called puresnacks..? but I really am not sure.

Also I am wondering if this is the real brand, how did they manage to be able to sell the treats at $2.50 a bag, when normally they are 5$-7$ for this size. The best before date on the package is there and the treats are still good for another couple years according to the label.

What do you guys think? Knock off or real product?
Here is a picture of the chicken type. They also had the beef liver one as well.

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
The thing I'd be most worried about is where are the treats manufactured. I flat out refuse to feed my dog anything that's made in China. I'd also be worried about if they source their meat from China.

I

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am so sorry the pictures turned out that big! Normally they don't turn out so big with this particular photo hosting site. Sorry guys!

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I went to the website and the product bags on there are completely different. However on Chewy,com they have the bag design that you purchased. I'm guessing that they switched bag designs.
Here you can check it out...
PureSnacks® Products For Dogs | Puresnackstreat.com
PureSnacks Chicken Breast Freeze-Dried Dog Treats, 4.94-oz bag

From what I can find pure bites has a different website and is a different product.
PureBites® Pet Treats | Purebites.com
PureBites Chicken Breast Freeze-Dried Dog Treats, 11.6-oz bag

Reactions: Jeru

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I am so sorry the pictures turned out that big! Normally they don't turn out so big with this particular photo hosting site. Sorry guys!
I've had it happen to me before LOL. Was like wow, my pic is gigantic!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The bag says "Product of USA" but I have no idea where the meat is sourced unfortunately. But I really do wonder how this item would be able to be sold for so cheap at a dollar store. Probably will never figure out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
YES!! Instead of the dollar store though, I saw the knockoffs at London Drugs (for all the Canadians out there)! I've got to say at first glance I really thought it was the real thing! I even contemplated on buying a couple. It wasn't until I looked at the price tag and saw that it was half of what it's supposed to be, that's when I took my phone out to take a look and realized that they weren't the real thing. They had two flavours when I was there, the liver ones and the chicken breast one. I wonder how many people they've "tricked" into thinking they were Purebites? :/

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
They are made in the USA and only one ingredient. The dollar store gets a hold of a lot of products. I don't think its a knock off just a similar treat by a different company. You might want to look for a date on the product and make sure it didn't end up at the dollar store because its out of date. Other than that I would go for it.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Personally I wouldn't try it. A couple of chains of dollar stores in my province were shut down for selling counterfeit crest tooth paste, so...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are made in the USA and only one ingredient. The dollar store gets a hold of a lot of products. I don't think its a knock off just a similar treat by a different company. You might want to look for a date on the product and make sure it didn't end up at the dollar store because its out of date. Other than that I would go for it.
It says best before ma 07 2018.. still has lots of time !

·
Registered
722 Posts
I bet it's the same thing and same parent company. Just selling to different clients with different prices because they know they can get away with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts