Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I'm currently working on Jax's reactivity to outside and generalised anxiety in the house, it's going really well so far he's learning that his bed is a great place to be, he gets rewarded for being calm and his barking has definitely decreased so I'm really pleased! The next phase of my plan is to use the clicker to mark the instant he stops barking but to do this, I need to have my clicker on me at all times and as I'm disabled, I'm usually in bed without pockets!!

I'm thinking maybe a lanyard around my neck might be best as I think it might annoy me on my wrist but I still need to be able to access the clicker quickly so don't want to put it on the bedsid table or anything, do you use anything to keep your clicker handy?! X

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
After they get used to the click you can just click with your tongue. Just try and make it the same clicking noise every time. I have not used a clicker in a while I just click with my tongue and you I the same result.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello there,

Thank you for the reply, as an ex-horsey person I do use the tongue click, way more than I should, in fact it's all the time, it's a hard habit to break!!

However because I already use it for so many things, I wanted to use the clicker for this so it was a little different, does that make sense?! X

·
Registered
911 Posts
I rarely have pockets either. I have my clicker on a string that I can put on my wrist. Maybe even an elastic hair band. I was thinking of using a bigger string to put it around my neck so it's easier to get to and stays out of the way.

Reactions: Laus2002

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Hello there,

Thank you for the reply, as an ex-horsey person I do use the tongue click, way more than I should, in fact it's all the time, it's a hard habit to break!!

However because I already use it for so many things, I wanted to use the clicker for this so it was a little different, does that make sense?! X
I think it may be confusing if you use both. The dog will just think click. Mine react to the click the same way no matter which one I use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.