Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She got 2nd place in Novice yesterday!

So Karma really does not like jumping in front of large crowds. I know she can jump because she does it when we practice, but at competitions she'll get on the dock, run to the end ,take a look at the crowd, and decide jumping isn't worth it. I mean she jumped twice on her own during the first practice when there was practiclly no crowd... Anyway we ended up trying to use one of the other dogs to motivate her to jump and while she was very interested in him getting her toy she still wouldn't do it. So they let me sort of help her in which was basiclaly when she was leaning over the edge looking like she was going to jump sort of tap her butt so she did jump.

Anywho really proud of her, but after this huge event I decided we'll just be keeping it to smaller events where it's just the dock diving people and not at a huge festival with tons of dogs/people so there's less preassure on her. Thinking her next comp will be the last week of may! So got plenty of time to get in some practice with her

·
Registered
547 Posts
Congratulations Karma!!!!! I bet once she gets used to the smaller crowds she might be able to try the big crowds again. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
9,197 Posts
Congrats! Don't worry Karma, we all get stage fright sometimes!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She's so funny with the crowds. At previous shows that had huge crowds she'd look like she's going to jump while everyone's silent and right when they thought she was going to jump they'd start rooting for her and she'd stop, stand up, and just stare at everybody. She'll get there eventually lol! Her next comp will probably at the end of may and it'll just be the dock diving people so hopefully she'll be more comfortable.

Also thinking about entering her in an ADBA fun show in July. Had a friend try and convince me and now I kinda wanna try it just to see how she does.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Congrats!! What fun!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.