Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, after 3.5 years together, I finally saw evidence that Kabota has some sort of herding breed in him.

The day after Labor Day, area apartments drain their pools, but first they let the dogs play in the pool for a few hours. Last year, Kabota had no interest in the pool, but he did enjoy playing with the other dogs outside the pool, so we brought him again this year.

Well, some idjit brought two children under the age of 5. (Small children, lots of dogs and a pool? WTF are you thinking?!) We left after a few minutes because as soon as Kabota saw those children, he got very upset and started body blocking them if they even looked at the pool. There was no nipping or chasing or anything, he used his entire body. He was also doing the same to a very tiny Asian woman, who thought Kabota was being friendly, and didn't realize he was putting her in the same category as a 2 and 4 year old. :redface:

On the one hand, it sucks that his fun time was ruined, on the other hand, I guess that's not a bad instinct, right? It's kind of sweet that he was so determined to keep the children safe. On a third hand, now I wonder what he witnessed in his former life that has him so terrified about small children and pools.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.