Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just moved to a new house. My dog was completely house broken, but now when I am gone or at night he goes inside. Is it just the stress of a new house or should i get it checked out. Nothing seems wrong with him though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
It could be either!
Maybe, because of the new environment, he is not quiet sure where the bathroom is.
Do you have a crate for him and is he crate trained? Or a smaller room, like the bathroom, that you can secure so he can't get into anything? Just use it when you have to leave him alone (the crate might be a good idea for the night in your bedroom or place it wherever he normally sleeps). If he goes in the bathroom then or in his crate, I would definitely get him checked out.
If not, then keep at it for a week or so and then gradually let him have his free reign again.

Reactions: Artdog

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He does have a crate and he is trained. I going to try that. If that fails then time for the very

·
Registered
951 Posts
Sometimes we train dogs and we assume they think about it in a certain way...like we potty train them and we think they learn 'don't poop inside'...but really they learn 'don't poop in this room...this room...this room...or this room' and don't apply it fully and properly to other structures.

OR it could be stress from the move.

I concur that going back to the crate is the best method. It will help once he has gone bathroom in your new yard a few times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.