Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Hmm...that flexpet reminds me of a shelter program I heard about. People can take a dog for a day or a weekend (especially people who are travelling and miss having thier pet) so the shelter dog gets out on outings. You gotta wonder what the dog thinks though(flexpet)?

Interesting though-the summary said they often find permanent homes...That would kind of be good here in Edmonton, a lot of people work up north six months of the year and are here off work the other 1/2? There's obviously a demand for it!

Actually it's almost like temporary foster homes? I think if it were here, we might take an extra doggie on the weekends to give him some out time and play time...but then again is that confusing them?

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Crio-this program they are all rescued!

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I mean I dunno. I guess it'd be a decent idea.

I wish our shelter would do something like that... hmm... that'd be pretty cool.

On the other hand I'd be afraid of the risk it could have on the dog if you know what I mean. Switching from one home to another. Learning new enviroments over again. Just as soon as you get used to one you get moved to another. On the other hand I like the idea of an outing for shelter dogs, it's good for the dogs and increases the likelyhood of being adopted.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am sure they are screening the dogs for stability under stress
it is also probably working in these dogs' benefit to experience so many different environments and people...and they probably keep the homes they are placed in way way way more then a dog straight from a shelter.
True. I just can't picture renting my dog out to someone though, lol. I'm VERY picky about who even gets to watch her when I go away on vacation or on trips.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Well uh anyone can come see my dogs- well most that is- but no- they would not leave me.. Its rather strange actually. I guess I can understand the logic but really- why have dogs if they not in your company all the time. So - hey if you need a Borzoi fix- come on up.. But uh no- no one leaves my house.. ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I guess then the dogs would have interaction- that would be a good thing. After all- not everyones dogs live like our dogs. hmmm I see your point..
Yeah, I mean I guess it's pretty cool, but like you said Michelle, my dog isn't leaving, lol. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.