Dog Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my previous dog, Sienna, who passed away in 2020. She was the best dog ever 馃挏 and got many comments along the lines of 'what kind of dog is that?' I had her DNA tested with Wisdom Panel, so I know the results (they weren't what I expected, but I could see how they fit in retrospect.)

What are your breed guesses for her? She was about 20-25 lbs and 18" tall at the shoulder.

Plant Dog Carnivore Liver Dog breed

Dog Sky Plant Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Carnivore Plant Tree Companion dog

Registered
There is some collie in there, I think. Maybe sheltie. Golden retriever wouldn't surprise me, either, but pomeranian would surprise me. She's about the right size and shape to be part sheltie.
She reminds me of a dog I once had, although not really the same, only similar. I always thought that dog was sheltie and some kind of spaniel, but I don't see that much spaniel in your dog.

What a beauty, though!

I am curious to know what she really was, and how much it will or will not prove that you cannot tell breeds by appearance.
(sometimes you can, I think, and sometimes not)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Love all the guesses! Some of you were spot on, at least partially. My guess was Sheltie/Spaniel, maybe some Pom. The shelter had her listed as a "chow mix". Here's the result. I had not expected so many breeds in there, but I can see all of them. She did have an adorable slight underbite, probably from the Pug/Peke parts.

Font Electric blue Circle Parallel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah! I don't know why I didn't think of American Eskimo.
What a weird combination, not one you would even think of normally, and then it turns out such a beautiful little dog!
Thanks, she was definitely unique! It's how I ended up with an Eskie currently - that or a Golden were the closest breeds I could find to her temperment/personality, and I prefer the smaller size of the Eskie (plus I'm a nut who likes Spitz breeds.)

Registered
Love all the guesses! Some of you were spot on, at least partially. My guess was Sheltie/Spaniel, maybe some Pom. The shelter had her listed as a "chow mix". Here's the result. I had not expected so many breeds in there, but I can see all of them. She did have an adorable slight underbite, probably from the Pug/Peke parts.

View attachment 253057
Amazing, I wish I had of got a test done on my boy. I miss him so much...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts