Dog Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am truly amazed not long had a earthquake though a 4.4 was almighty strong and loud very crunchy noises felt like the foundation of my house was coming down no jokes! Jessie is in her bed during this asleep and didnt wake up or look up to say what was that or for any re assurance. meanwhile im shaking and scared! with her being half terrier how is she not scared of earthquakes?:ponder: by some miracle are shih tzus calm in earthquakes or something? id love to know how it doesnt bother her or scare her.

Bring on move to UK! cant wait now!

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Intensity -STRONG
Region intensity -Light
NZDT -Thu, Oct 22 2015, 10:43:59 pm
Depth -6 km
Magnitude -4.4
Location -30 km east of Wellington

·
Registered
875 Posts
If she's normally a calm and relaxed dog she probably just.. stayed calm and relaxed. Breed definitely doesn't have much to do with it! We had an earthquake swarm up this way two years ago, and none of the dogs ever so much as blinked at it but the cats flipped out.

·
Banned
6,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes she normally is but in earthquake I except her to not be those. Had a fox terrier once oh boy he went into hiding he was so scared. It amazes me though. Wish she could coach me how to remain calm during earthquake!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hope you're ok.

Though it is kind of funny what they can be scared of and what totally doesn't effect them. It's like Asha is terrified of thunder but can sleep through fireworks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.