Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So we nip to tesco this afternoon and come home an hour later to the empty wrapping of a box of expensive, high cocoa chocolates, that had been a present to me, strewn all over the living room floor.

So after an emergency trip to the vets where Jax was given medication to make him vomit and some grim-looking charcoal, he's as right as rain luckily, although slightly tipsy as apparently they were more alcohol than chocolate based!

Luckily another dog had been brought in 5 minutes previously and so they could share the cost of the vomit inducing stuff making the final bill only £75, still, we could have done without it and just wanted to reiterate the importance of keeping unknown presents out of harms way just in case they contain chocolate!

Merry Christmas!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,885 Posts
Luckily another dog had been brought in 5 minutes previously and so they could share the cost of the vomit inducing stuff making the final bill only £75,
LOL. Only at christmas.

Glad you were right there and got him to the vet in time! We've had to induce vomiting 2 or 3 times for Toby in his 11 years, all times for very negligible (like one chocolate almond) amounts of chocolate but man, it is not the sort of thing you want to wait/see on if you are unsure that your dog has consumed a harmful amount!!! Especially at christmas-- I've never considered that possibility of a dog smelling it through wrapping paper and just going for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nor had I Kelly!! Ha ha! The worst thing was feeling like such a numpty for allowing it to happen! X
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,200 Posts
LOL. Only at christmas.

Glad you were right there and got him to the vet in time! We've had to induce vomiting 2 or 3 times for Toby in his 11 years, all times for very negligible (like one chocolate almond) amounts of chocolate but man, it is not the sort of thing you want to wait/see on if you are unsure that your dog has consumed a harmful amount!!! Especially at christmas-- I've never considered that possibility of a dog smelling it through wrapping paper and just going for it.
My mother loved to wrap the dogs' christmas presents, but she would never put them under the tree before Christmas. Our Brittany always knew which ones were his, and you can guess what happened...

My puppy's mother had to have a trip to the emergency vet after eating the better part of a chocolate cake once. We thought the dog would be alright in the house for a few minutes. During that time she island hopped her way through the kitchen to make it on top of the counter. We came in to see her almost done with the thing :eek:
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top