Dog Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I didn't have this issue before, I keep getting this error when I go into the Training forum (didn't get it when I came into this forum):

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue.

Script: http://s.skimresources.com/js/401X915738.skimlinks.js:131
I'm using the latest version of the Mozilla Firefox browser. Again, this is a recent issue. Not sure whether something has changed with the site, or with the way Firefox handles it.

The dialog that displays the error gives me the option to stop the script. When I do, sometimes the error pops up again. Lately it just times out before I have control of the browser screen again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: not getting this error anymore. Did the webmaster fix the code?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well... it's back again. Not only that, but even when the script error doesn't pop up, mere scrolling up and down on a forum page takes forever -- a tale tell sign that a sputtering script is running in the background and grinding things to a halt.

Can the webmaster please look into this? The faltering performance really makes me hesitate to visit this site.

·
Administrator
1,203 Posts
Hi there,

Can you please provide the following for us so we can look into this issue a bit more? It's hard for us to trouble an issue that we cannot reproduce on our end. I've tested the site from my laptop, my wife's laptop and my iPad using various browsers and not once can I reproduce an error where a script pops up.

1. What browser do you use when this happens?
2. Are you on a computer or a mobile device?
3. Have you tested using our site from another computer/device? If yes, do you get the same issue?
4. Can you capture a screenshot of what you're seeing and post it here?

Yung

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
This site runs an ungodly amount of useless scripts. I recommend instilling a browser extension such as JSblocker or NoScript. Block all scripts and add in new ones until the functionality you want is here (the yahoo APIs are necessary for example).

As a bonus if you have bandwidth limits you'll be saving quite a bit of data by doing so

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
This site runs an ungodly amount of useless scripts. I recommend instilling a browser extension such as JSblocker or NoScript. Block all scripts and add in new ones until the functionality you want is here (the yahoo APIs are necessary for example).

As a bonus if you have bandwidth limits you'll be saving quite a bit of data by doing so
yes! Sorry, been running adblocker for so long now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts