Dog Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jasmine is one today, (or yesterday) not quite sure!
For her birthday party we went to a litter reunion organized by a lady from the rescue who fostered some of the puppies and adopted one!
It was great, 8 of the litter puppies were there and they got along great right from the start, it was 2 hours of fun and playtime and gift bags and cupcakes for all the puppies!! The people who had originally fostered the puppies were there too, it was pretty emotional.

Here is a link to the rescue page for pictures. They even put pictures of the puppies then and now. My dog was originally Juju!

“J” Pup Reunion was a Success |

and a link to all the pictures etc on facebook

https://www.facebook.com/arrusadopt/posts/948674228538956

I think this is a really good idea so if you work for a shelter think about it! Mind you I am not sure how many groups of 1 year old dogs would meet up for the first time in 10 months and play really nicely together with no incidents! Especially 8 of them! Maybe they knew somehow that they were siblings!

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
I love seeing littermate reunions, it's cool seeing how they turned out fully grown. Do you think they had different fathers or do you think the mother and father were different enough that the puppies inherited a variety of phenotypes? I think Jasmine's the prettiest, I love dogs with black masks/markings.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm guessing different fathers, but a bunch of us got Dna tests and we are going to share and compare, should be interesting!
They all look really different but they are similar in temperament, all confident trainable social butterflies. No one really had had any significant behavior issues, beyond the usual puppy hi jinx. We also noticed that they shared a lot of mannerisms and habits.
We are going to try for a reunion next year too!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Oh, she's gorgeous! All her siblings turned out pretty, too! It's really fun to see pictures of them as pups and grown up.

I'm glad you and Jasmine had a good time!

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Happy Birthday Jasmine! :D It's awesome to see how diverse the siblings are!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts