Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's going to be in my town, and I just bought two tickets to hear her lecture!!!

I'm pretty excited :D I feel like this is one of those once-in-a-lifetime things. She is too incredible of a person to miss this opportunity, and she is turning 80 years old the week of her visit here. Her talk is supposed to be on the Gombe chimps....Her early observations, what's going on today, present challenges etc., and the work of her institute, which has been leading efforts to preserve chimps and their habitats for 35 years.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
She's going to be in my town, and I just bought two tickets to hear her lecture!!!

I'm pretty excited :D I feel like this is one of those once-in-a-lifetime things. She is too incredible of a person to miss this opportunity, and she is turning 80 years old the week of her visit here. Her talk is supposed to be on the Gombe chimps....Her early observations, what's going on today, present challenges etc., and the work of her institute, which has been leading efforts to preserve chimps and their habitats for 35 years.
O-M-G!

i'm so jealous! i love her!!!! wow, what a great opportunity! take notes and i expect a full report! when is the lecture?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
22,635 Posts

·
Registered
12,335 Posts
:) Do it!

Tb, awesome! I am sure it will be fascinating!
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Can you take a movie of her with your phone?

I think I've watched almost every special on with her.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
Reactions: Rain

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
@fawkwese1, did you manage to get any pictures of this great lady?

In a nut shell, what were her latest observations?
@TiggerBounce, same question to you.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Sooo jealous!!! I've loved her since I was a little girl. I used to want to be her when I grew up...

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
omg! seeing jane goodall was so cool! it was really hard to believe that she just turned 80!!!! i wish i coulda stayed and did the book thing @TiggerBounce :) but that line was atrociously long and i had such a long drive home! did you get to meet her?
I know! It was kind of a bummer we didn't have much time, but I'm glad we got to hang out for a while!!! And the doggies got to socialize a bit too :D

We finally did get to meet her! It's a good thing you did decide to leave though because we were seriously there until about 11pm. Campus facilities turned the lights off at 10:30, and then it started to rain. But we finally made it in and I got a photo with her and I got my book signed :D So I'm pretty happy! That book was JUST released yesterday, so it's a first edition.

@harleyboysmom She focused on the history of the Jane Goodall Foundation and her Roots and Shoots program and all of the positive things that it's brought to the world. Jungles and rainforests being preserved and restored, the chimp rescues that takes in orphan chimp children who's mothers were killed by illegal poachers after bushmeat. They have rescued and raised hundreds of infants and children, and the foundation was just given 3 new islands to release chimps onto. She went into animal ethics a bit, and how we as humans need to start considering the benefit of our future generations in our decisions, rather than just the benefit of ourselves right now. Jane is a vegetarian!

·
Registered
352 Posts
My brother met her and was able to get her autograph. I've always loved the woman and my favorite ethologist, Marc Bekoff, worked with her. So jealous that you get to see her! The two of them are what inspired me to go to college for conservation biology focused on animal behavior.

·
Super Moderator
10,820 Posts
That is so cool that y'all got to see her! I'm so happy for y'all both but am incredibly jealous.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts