Dog Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, I am missing my horse a far extra amount this morning... one of the horse rescues posted a photo about one of their horses getting adopted and said that the girl and the horse were mean't for each other and chose each other,

Jade is my soul horse and I can't even pet her any more. Maybe someday I will see her again. But for now... I can just see her rarely update photos on facebook :(

· Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I was in high school I had to give Jade up. I gave her back to her previous owner and had no clue where she ended up. I found Jade's new owner on Facebook because he had her in his profile picture. I was allowed to visit her and did so several times (though he lived a few hours away). This guy was then accused of starving his horses and people constantly came to his house and harrassed him, so he gave them up. He thought they were going to a really nice place but the guy he gave Jade and Mo to is really creepy. Hes trying to start his own rescue yet drives truck. And Jade was supposed to go to two new homes over the past few months yet she hasnt left his barn. Mo has turned to biting and kicking which means something is going on. One of the rescues up here is trying to get Jade so that she can be my horse again yet the rescue will take care of her and she will live there in their care until the end of her days. But the only way they can do that is if the guy signs Jade over. And he wont.

· Registered
12,212 Posts
:( This is one of my biggest worries with my boys, should my parents be unexpectedly unable to care for them anymore. Fortunately, I am getting closer and closer to having a real career with an income that will be able to board them until I can have "horse [and dog] property." But anyways, I would hate to not know where they were, for them to be passed around, and worst of all, end up at slaughter. So sorry you are having to worry about all of that. I know they are "just" livestock to some, but ours are much more our pets....

· Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much crock. Right now im doing the unreasonable thing of thinking up ways to get her back... even though I know it's hopeless. Because hes trying to be a rescue I don't think he will sign horses over. We sold our barn (it was portable) so we don't have any shelter. But I was just thinking of asking my cousin if I could board her at her farm. But its so unreasonable.... she has five horses already... but I do have a job so I could afford boarding, but for how long? Eventually I will have adult bills. Bills other than my college loan. Electric and food bills, taxes... I feel so hopeless because all I can do is watch his Facebook page. Thats it. I am so heartbroken. So many times hes told me that she has a new home and has her future owners msg me for information and promises of me being able to visit her, but she never leaves his farm...

· Registered
12,212 Posts
Well, I hope that rescue is able to get her. Definitely keep an eye on him. There are some really shady "rescues" for horses out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.