Dog Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi am new to this forum...
I have five JRT's the mothers name is puppy and she has four babies (the father died) Ella, schatzi, poco and spud-nick. The father named spud was having fun with a calf and though I tried to get him away he just wouldn't leave well enought alone. The calf got lose from a near by farm.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Im sorry to hear about Spud. Do you have any pics of him and the pups? We'd love to see them!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi there and welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it here. Sorry to hear about Spud. I love jack russells, but they are so mischievous, you must have your hands tied with 5 of them. lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The happy Family

I must say this is the first time since I was a child since I have messed with newborn pups... It has been so amazing to watch them grow in the last several weeks as they will be five weeks tomorrow. Now they are beginning to become a handful but I love it. I have named them all Ella Spud-nick Schatzi and JR. I have taken literally hundreds of pictures I probably have 6 to 8 Cd's full plus my camera is full from last night!!!! LOL
The first picture os of Puppy (mommy) and Spuds (Daddy)
The second is of all four of the pups
The third is of JR
The fourth is of Ella
The fifth is Schatzi
And finally there is Spud-Nick
There have been some long nights especially now that they are older they like to play at night. I am hoping as they get older they will get on a schedule. I am sleeping in the livingroom as it is to cold to heat the bedrooms so of course they are in here with us. The potty training is getting better every day they pee and poo on the paper more and more. At first I found myself in a nightmare but that is what they make carpet shampooers for. I am getting new carpet as soon as the pups are old enough.
Anway enjoy the pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
OH! They are so cute! I don't think it's a little mean to have a favorite at all. I love all of mine equally, but I still have a favorite even though I try really hard not too!
Thanks for the pics! Im partial to the black and white one!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems they get more energy everyday. They are now waking me up early in the morning while playing. Before I would just wake up to them eating.I usually leave a light on (not for them but for me) but last night I found they slept most the night through and if I got up to do something they didn't get up and start playing like they usually do. I have done so much research ever since we thought Puppy was pregnant (I felt like I was back in college) and though it has helped tremendously nothing can fully prepare you for the little ones. You learn something new everyday just as the little ones do. I am so amazed at how fast they learn. After they started to really walk it took two days for them to start coming up to you and biting your feet. Now they try to climb on the couch with you. Spudnick is the only one to succeed so far. I love it!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Oh boy! The fun is just begining! I can't wait to hear more about their progress. Have you found homes for them yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gratz on the pups,

How cute are they...wonder if my wife would consider this....

HAve fun with the training

Adrian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, I am not selling or giving them away if I don't have too. I have read how it can be bad if pups stay with thier mothers because they will always depend on them but then I have also read she will begin to ignore them as her pups. She is already doing that to the extent that she is only feeding them two maybe three times a day. She still licks them and plays a little but the rest of the time she just wants to be away from them. She is always wanting to go outside or be on the couch. She has never really slept with them at night since they were about 3 weeks but when they whined she would get up and feed them. Now it is like she doesn't even here them whining. When they are pouncing on her she is looking at me as to say SAVE ME. She looks pitiful. I am rambling but my point is I never intended on getting rid of any even when Spuds was alive and the only people I would give them to is family members. I know I am saving one for my brother who is getting ready to be deployed to Iraq. I live on a HUGE piece of land with a pond/lake so they have plenty of room for them to run and play. I sure don't want to harm the puppies but for all the research I have done there is always some contradictory to it.
It is supposed to be warm today around 55 so I am going to take them outside for three or four minutes and let them feel the grass and smell the outside for the first time!!!!! I will take pictures of course I wish you could post videos on here! I am SO EXCITED to see what happens. Talk to you soon.

P.S. I am so glad this website has become a morning ritual for me when the pups wake me up I get up and see what is new here. The got me up earlier this morning but went back to sleep so that meant I could sleep in a little later!!!! Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Adrian,
As much fun as I have had I would recommend to have a seperate room for the pups if you were to do this. That is the only thing I would do differently. I have had very little sleep in the last 5 weeks. Actually they weren't whiney until their eyes opened and other senses started working. Then it was cute I will never forget the first time I heard one bark... CUTE now, not as cute... LOL but only because I can't get away from the noise.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Can't wait to here how "The Great Out Door Adventure of 2009" went! I bet that was a sight to behold! Jack pups running amok

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, boy did they love it. I put them on the grass and they dug at it and played with grass blades... they ran (actually more like hopped) around the bushes. Growled at the bushes and then they played in the gravel... Mamma was a bit nervous to my suprise. After wards they played in the mud and licked muddy water... LOL it was so cute. I got them on video but I will take some frames and make pictures later on. I wish it was as warm today but it is only supposed to get up in the mid thirtys so I think it would be to cold.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh and the other thing I was so amazed at how smart they are. I said Come on and patted my pants and they all four came it was so cute seeing them all run basically side by side like that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts