Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if anyone knows... Last week I took Strider to the vet because I was concerned about Strider having blood in his diarrhea. The vet made me feel like I was wasting his time and that it was all just because of his change of diet. Well I found out early this morning before work that my suspicions were correct.

Strider was tested positive for worms.

The previous owner actually told me since he got the call about it. What he told me startled me: " He was already treated for that though, the receipt for it is in his documents I gave you" ... He already knew about it and didn't say anything. My friend jumped up and was like " I don't know why you still converse with him" and " You can't trust him, I know how he is" So I'm like.. well shit. Because I can't give Strider back especially how attached to me he is... plus I enjoy him. I get full ownership on Tuesday as well... :/

Plus now I'm not sure how I'm suppose to handle this now that I know he has it and I don't want someone to make me take unnecessary steps and waste money. I'm afraid of how expensive this will be too... Previous owner probably wanted to get rid of him for this reason and he tells me he suspects the other dog has it too.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
So if anyone knows... Last week I took Strider to the vet because I was concerned about Strider having blood in his diarrhea. The vet made me feel like I was wasting his time and that it was all just because of his change of diet. Well I found out early this morning before work that my suspicions were correct.

Strider was tested positive for worms.

The previous owner actually told me since he got the call about it. What he told me startled me: " He was already treated for that though, the receipt for it is in his documents I gave you" ... He already knew about it and didn't say anything. My friend jumped up and was like " I don't know why you still converse with him" and " You can't trust him, I know how he is" So I'm like.. well shit. Because I can't give Strider back especially how attached to me he is... plus I enjoy him. I get full ownership on Tuesday as well... :/

Plus now I'm not sure how I'm suppose to handle this now that I know he has it and I don't want someone to make me take unnecessary steps and waste money. I'm afraid of how expensive this will be too... Previous owner probably wanted to get rid of him for this reason and he tells me he suspects the other dog has it too.
The owner probably did not say anything about it because it was being treated or was treated. If you do not pick up your dogs poop regularly they can get it from that. I can't imagine it is THAT expensive to treat? Did your vet call you and discuss it with you or have you called the vet?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Dogs having worms is like flowers attracting bees, it's going to happen and is not a treat once forget about it ordeal. Dogs come in contact with parasites that is just the nature of things. There are different types of worms dogs can get' hooks, whips, rounds, tapes and heart. If they have fleas chances are they have tape worms, live in a mosquito infested area( or not so infested if there are mosquitoes) they can get heart worms. They step in other dog's poop..they can get worms...An ongoing cycle for the life of the dog.
There are a variety of preventative medications you can speak with your vet about. I don't think the guy was trying to dupe you, he probably thought the dog was free of worms since it had been treated.

·
Registered
18,680 Posts
worming is really cheap...like $30. :) add $50 if you want a fecal done...but its not necessary.

don't waste your time on the over the counter pet store pills...they don't work.

what kind of worms? do you know? :)

Dog | Forum | Rocks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts