Dog Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eyeroll: As if someone pushed the button somewhere in his brain, he has become a complete nut. Cannot stay still, play, play, play, no amt of exercise calms him down.

Sam sit, Ah, Nah!

Sam, down, Ah why?
Sam, Heel, huh?
Sam, come, what for?
Sam, you stupid? Nah smarter than you think.
Sam, why are you acting this way, because I can, and it feels good.
Sam, when are you going to stop this nonsense?? No reply from Sam, just a stupid grin:p.
This is driving me bonkers, never had a dog act this way, and I have many in my life.
Everyone endures this, but for how long? My loveable puppy has disappeared, what belly rub Sam, nah I can do it myself, scratch, scratch, scratch!

·
Registered
785 Posts
sounds like someone has just hit the deaf period 8-10 month's ish?

tis great isnt it, suddenly, they dont need you, they are independent, ignore you, cant hear sod all, cept a biscuit tin being moved 5 miles away.

enjoy. Hope it passes soon, its usually temporary.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Replace Sam with Fearghas and you have the same thing I'm going through. Currently I'm standing in the backyard waiting for the dog I had trained to pee on command lying on the grass looking at me wondering why I'm telling him to pee. Here comes dad to try. He knows its bed time and that means crate time not play time.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
9,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that, well I get nips, and pant pulling. I tried turning my back, and sam says no, do not ignore. Boy what fun out furbabies are.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Understand totally what your going through, I went through it with Jed just before he turned 1. Turning my back on him worked the one thing Jed dislikes most is being ignored. Suddenly it's like "hang on, I remember that!! See!!"
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
785 Posts
that'll learn ya!
lol
hilarious, that someone else gets 'jumped' by their own dogs. ROFLMA
i love dogs who are just a little bit of a character though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am right there with ya, with my pup Goose - he'll be 8 months in a couple of weeks. Whoever described it as deaf, except for the uncanny ability to hear his treats bag, is spot on!!! Ayeee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts