Dog Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told this pup I picked up in front of Safeway was a mix of aussie shep - lab- golden retriever
I just don't know. He has a 2" tail and what breeds have naturally bobbed tails?
He is 8 weeks old and seems very bright.
If anyone can help identify the breed or breeds of my puppy id sure thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
was he born with a natural bob? it almost looks like you can see some bit at the end where the hair hasn't grown around the bob all the way. He is ADORABLE! If you picked him up in front of a store, there IS a poss. he was either bred by someone, or someone's dog had ups and hey tried to in some way dock his tail and he escaped and somehow ended up as a stray. or he could've had an injury. who knows, lol. not many breeds have a natural bob, and even in some breeds prone to having a natural bob they might be born with part or full tail, if the pup is born with a partial or full tail they will dock it to the breed standard.

Corgis are breed that can sometime be born with no tails but i just dont see that in him. I could see shepherd. tho

he has a cute little blunt face and tiny ears tho and looks fairly small with not the huge puppy paws g. sheps. have. what a mystery! I dunno what the pup may be, maybe as he grows he will show better characteristics of his breeds and you can better guess what he is.

But congrats on the cutie! :) what is his name??

~MSE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks MSE for all the nice words, I should have been more clear, He was already taken by a pretty girl that was giving them away and had decided to keep him for herself until I pouted and told her how lucky she was to have such a beautifull puppy. She smiled and said it looks like you need him more than I do and gave him to me. She was the one that told me what breed he was but the sire and dame arent hers so I think she got it wrong.
The bob is natural and as you said so few dogs have short tails at berth, what a mystery.
His name is on hold until I figure out what he is, it might be important.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I see. :) Maybe since his breeds are a "mystery" that could be like a nickname till you think of one ;) but I always find it harder to figure out puppy breeds than older dogs unless something is REALLY obvious in the puppy.

~MSE

·
Registered
7,550 Posts
Welcome!! That's so sweet how you got him ;)

It's hard to say as a pup but I agree -that's no aussie shepherd!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.