Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’ve have a 15 month old cocker spaniel ever since we’ve had him he has always been a itchy dog .ive tried a lot of shampoos and also he’s in a expensive flea and worm tablet which I don’t think is helping . Also my dog is forever licking and chewing his paws I can’t get him to stop . He’s also on tablets for this as well which are not helping him . I’m so frustrated for him as this has been going on for ages . Can any help please ?

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
What tablets is he on?

Also,what do you feed? A lot of digs are intolerant to grains and (surprisingly) to chicken.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My dog has had hot spots and itching problems as he got older. I found this herbal spray at Rite Aid drug store called Rash Relief by tecnu after trying several canine remedies that didn't work. This stuff is all natural and it works! It's pricey but a spray or two stopped the itching and chewing for 4-6 hours. It also worked great to stop him from chewing at his staples after he had knee surgery. Never had to use the cone

·
Super Moderator
1,855 Posts
Just be careful of anything like the spray mentioned above, make sure first it doesn't contain anything toxic. Fine if it was on the back of his neck, but not on easy to reach places like paws.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts