Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I switched Fallow off of his Acana Lamb to Hills ZD to see what would happen. Hed been itching and shaking his ears for about 2 weeks (just as long as hed been on Lamb). Hes now been on ZD for 4 meals but he still seems irritated. Wondering if it will just take time to clear up (even though his reaction upon recieving the lamb was almost immediate) or if it was debris related. Around the same time as all this started hed been playing fetch in dead grass with dirt and moss flying around his face with his leaps for the frisbee. Is it that easy for debris to get inside, and get trapped?

Im considering giving a bit more time. Theres no redness or visible irritation of the ear itself. Wondering if a vet ear flush would be beneficial and more effective if it were clogged than doing earwash myself (I did an earwash about a week ago to no avail)

Even if it does clear up with time from switching foods- Should we avoid dusty debris play?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Ours gets ear infections, usually she starts digging and scratching her affected ear five to seven days before it becomes visibly red and inflamed. Sometimes longer. If you are questioning it, have your Vet check it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to the vet. She gave me drops as preventativr and said everything was happy and clean. Also that I caught it early.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts