Dog Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title suggest, my dog has very itchy ears, but they are not dirty at all, they are in fact very clean.
I first thought it was ear mites because all the dogs in our my family seems to have itchy ears, but I looked at it and it really has no symptoms of being ear mites except the itching, and the cats don't seem to have it.

I know you're gonna tell me to go to the vet, but I really don't have the money right now, I will get money in four days, but until then I'd like to know what it is most likely to be
I was thinking it might be the heat? Since it's been very hot and stuffy outside.
If you have any experience with this, please tell me

Ps. I will go to the vet when I get money, so there is no point in telling me to go

·
Premium Member
10,780 Posts
I'm glad that your taking him to the vet.

One of the things I'd suspect is an allergy, either environmental or food. When my old dog developed an allergy to chicken one of the major signs was itchiness, mainly his sides and his ears.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm glad that your taking him to the vet.

One of the things I'd suspect is an allergy, either environmental or food. When my old dog developed an allergy to chicken one of the major signs was itchiness, mainly his sides and his ears.

I'm pretty sure it's not allergies. I believe it's something contagious, since all of my family's dogs has it too
I think it's from my sister's new dog, she used to be a circus dog before my sister got her, and who knows what kind of diseases she could have brought with her

·
Registered
614 Posts
It may look clean on the surface , but it is possible there is an infection deep in the ear, which the vet will be able to see using an ottoscope when you take him in.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'd also suspect fleas, especially if it is "contagious". Even if you don't see any fleas, bites can cause general, all over "itchiness", including ears (flea allergy dermatitis) that can last for several days after a bite. Make sure all the dogs are up to date on flea meds.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd also suspect fleas, especially if it is "contagious". Even if you don't see any fleas, bites can cause general, all over "itchiness", including ears (flea allergy dermatitis) that can last for several days after a bite. Make sure all the dogs are up to date on flea meds.
I hadn't even thought about fleas honestly
I've never had any problems with fleas before, thanks for pointing that out. Even if it isn't fleas I still need to medicate her for it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts