Dog Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a 6 months old boc boy and lately we've hit kind of a hardship. I got him when he was 10 weeks old and for about three weeks i took him w me everywhere, to work even and he was really good, he waited for me when i had to go run an errand and left him w my coworkers in the office w no problems, however i then fell ill w covid and was w him home for two weeks, didnt go anywhere and he was w me the whole time. After i recovered i returned to work and then the hardships started. Whenever i left the office he started barking loudly, whining, almost crying-like even tho my coworkers were around and he was not left completely alone. That time we also switched offices so the environment was new for him and i blamed it on that. He also acts like this when i have to leave him in front of the store i dont usually go to, he's behaved when i go to our regular grocery store. I also noticed today when we went w my mom to a market that he whines and cries when im not the one holding his leash or paying attention to him (i gave his leash to my mom for a minute as i needed to pay for an item and even tho he was literally next to me he started barking and whining). Im not really sure what im dealing with but i see that his trigger might be when im not "directly" with him. Could it be some sort of separation anxiety? I must add that when i leave him at home he's completely fine, no barking whatsoever, hes not destroying things either.
Id appreciate any advice and tips what i might be dealing with and how to help my pup.

·
Super Moderator
6,137 Posts
Hard to say if it is SA or general anxiety but I'd suggest the Flitting Game described about ⅔ of the way down this page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts