Dog Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Willow my Jarkie appears to be a very lazy dog. She doesn't play or excite easily. She is content just to lay around all day. The only things that get her excited is when someone comes to the door (which makes her bark like mad) or when I ask her if she wants to go outside. If I leave her alone for more than half an hour she gets very excited when i come back. But i am wondering why she does not play like other dogs. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Some dogs are quiet inside, there isn't a lot for them to do by themselves. In another post you've said she is not eating properly. Perhaps a visit to the vet is indicated.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Every dog is different, and has their own personality. From what you say in this thread, as long as she is eating and drinking water, eliminating waste, and is not in pain, the behavior you describe may well be normal for this dog. By the way, the people that have the dogs you describe as very very playful, may well be thinking/wishing, their dog was more laid-back like yours.

·
Registered
25 Posts
How long have you had Willow? Has she always acted like this, or is it a relatively new behavior? How old is she? As mentioned before, some dogs are just really laid back (especially indoors). My dog Eli is one of those guys, he is very "lazy-like" unless you amp him up somehow. Even outside he is very reserved and calm with the exception of his random outbursts of play. That's just who is is though.

If this isn't very normal for her, she might be needed a trip to the vet. What is her diet like? Sometimes a dog's diet can alter their mood. Switching to a knew type of food might be beneficial if she is eating a lower-quality kibble.

Hope everything is okay and that she is just a calm girl!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is this a sudden change or has she been like this since you've had her? Like other people have mentioned, if she is eating, drinking, and you've had no issues with her waste, then it may just be her personality and how she is when she's inside. If it is a sudden change, a visit to the vet will never hurt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts