Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forum and the reason I registered in the first place is to get advice on this Baskerville Ultra Muzzle I got for my dog.
I've never used muzzles on my dogs before, since I've never felt the need to. But this year I'm going to have to take Queen on the train for a 1:30h trip, and it's mandatory that big dogs wear a muzzle :/

So now I'm slowly training her to accept it, although she's still not very happy with the situation haha

(p.s. I've done an introduction post in the introductions section, in case you want to see more pictures of Queen :))

This is her with the muzzle on:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
It looks like it's on comfortably. She can open her mouth and pant and probably breathe easily. That's unfair all big dogs have to wear muzzles.

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
Chirag Patel has a great video tutorial on conditioning a dog to wear a muzzle quite happily. It looks like it might be a bit far up on her muzzle, a bit close to her eyes. Perhaps the strap could be adjusted. Overall it looks to fit good. The next size larger might be too big. I'd message the manufacturer with a picture and ask them about the fit.

Dogs wearing muzzles aren't to be pitied. They have responsible owners who are keeping their dog's safe. Law or no law, I condition my dogs to wearing a muzzle because you never know when it will be needed.

Have you seen the Muzzle Up Project? Great site and may be some help to you.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I agree with what @Grabby said. Muzzling is great. It's one of the many thing's I've taken away from Dog Forums. I would have never thought of it before coming here but it's like teaching a dog to accept a travel crate or a leash.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you so much for your opinions!
@traciek88 yeah it's pretty unfair for big dogs on the train. The muzzle is actually the least of my worries! They even charge a full price ticket while for small dogs its free!

This is the biggest size they have, and what worries me most is the part on top, which can sometimes cover her eyes a little :/

Also, she's doing better about the conditioning haha not as grumpy today. Yesterday was her first time wearing it for a longer period, as I'm tryng to stop her from licking a wound on her hind leg

·
Registered
499 Posts
To me, that kind of muzzle looks always too small and uncomfortable but I have never seen one in real life so I can not really judge it. I would probably put a greyhound muzzle on my dog if there was a need and a fitting size was available because it looks roomy and light-weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.