Dog Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
It has a little too many fillers and common allergens in there for my taste (corn, corn gluten, sorghum, wheat gluten). I would say this food would be a major step down, not only for your wallet, but also for quality.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,019 Posts
it has little meat and alot of fillers, what brands of dog food can you get there? we can help you find a food to suit your budget. what does the acana cost per bag?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,019 Posts
from that website only 2 high quality foods are acana and earthborn
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,019 Posts
To be honest nad fair id go with these foods in this order
Acana(which you find bit expensive)
earthborn
propac the propac suprisingly has very few fillers but alot healthier ones! the propac in New zealand last i knew had ground yellow corn and that one doesnt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,186 Posts
There is nothing wrong with so called "fillers". They're just ingredients that aren't super nutritionally rich. It's like calling the bread on your sandwich or the lettuce in your BLT fillers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
290 Posts
@Esand - There may not be anything horribly "wrong" with filler, but as you said they have little to no nutritional value. They are also a leading cause in diet-based allergies in dogs. If a dog is not allergic, a little filler won't kill them, but it is not healthy for their food to be made up almost entirely of the stuff with little ingredients that they actually require. It would be like a human trying to live on roughly 95% sugars and grains and the other 5% a mix of actual nutritious foods like meats, produce, fish (falls under meat for me honestly), etc.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,019 Posts
let us know how it goes and how the dogs do on it
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top