Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been noticing that my dog need a space to do exercise, jumping running etc. I take my dog with me while walking but most of the time I am at work and at that time my dog bore and want to go outside. I have a large garden in my home and I am now thinking to buy this dog run for my dog so that he can easily do whatever he wants to do and also I am not afraid of anything that he is fine or not. Doing this is a good way to keep my dog entertaining?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Doing this is a good way to keep my dog entertaining?
As long as you're not using the run as a replacement for walking him then he may actually be happier when you're at work laying around in the garden than laying around in the living room.

That said, you may have alternatives. We have a busy schedule as well and we mobilize other options. When we're gone for most of the day (happens twice a week because of work schedules) then we have someone take the dog out for walks.

A friend of ours who is free on one of our busy days takes care of the dog and then stays for dinner, which is a double win because the dog is happy and we see her once a week. On the other day we pay a dog walker to take the dog out in a pack and let him run loose for a few hours. This makes the "waiting" that he has to do more tolerable (I presume) because he's out running in a pack part of the day and sleeps through much of the rest. In addition he gets a big dose of exercise and continuing socialization with other dogs on a structural basis.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts