Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a puppy who has chewed up 2 of his puppy beds already. I was dead set against getting him a new one but someone at Walmart told me about Out! Bitter Cherry Spray. They told me that I just spray it on whatever I don't want chewed on (his bed) and puppy won't chew on it again. I don't know if it will actually work or not so if he does chew on it, is this spray safe? I tried to find reviews about it online but couldn't find anything. Has anyone here tried it? The ingredients are: Proprietary bittering agents in a deionized water base, grapeseed extract, lemon extract and natural bitter cherry flavor. I have not a clue what any of that is. lol Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,786 Posts
Its made for them to taste because the bad taste is what is supposed to keep them away from it. I haven't used that brand, and depending on the dog it might work or it might not. The bitter spray I've had most success with is Bitter Apple, however when it comes down to it, paying attention to the pup and redirecting to an appropriate toy is the way to go (though I'd have the spray too just in case :p)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts