Dog Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted a Luna, a Miniature American Shepherd a little while ago, and I am surprised by her calm temperament. She is a herding dog, and a smaller version of the high energy Australian Shepherd. When doing research on the breed, every source said that these dogs have insanely high energy levels, which I have no problem with, being an active person. I was reading a forum on Mini, Toy and Standard Aussies, and almost all people were complaining or talking about their dog's endless energy, and how they never seem to catch a break. But it seems that she isn't as boisterous as I thought she would be. She does love to play, and enjoys walks, but she sleeps a LOT, too. I don't have a problem with her sleeping in the least, I enjoy time to relax as much as the next person, but is it something to be worried about? I know she isn't bored when she dozes off, because I have tried throwing toys for her, but she just ignores them and falls asleep. I know some dogs temperaments are different then others, and she is a happy, playful dog, but I don't know whether I should be concerned or not. Any response will be appreciated!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
If she seems healthy and happy I wouldn't worry. Some sheepdogs are very lively, others are really laid back. It sounds like she's very well behaved - don't question it, just be grateful lol

Lynsey

1 - 2 of 2 Posts