Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am new to dogforum and had a couple questions regarding my puppy, Kux. Breeder said he is a purebred English Bulldog, but I am not sure if that is really the case. He is five months and about 21lbs. He has really long legs (for a bulldog), but when he was a puppy, he looked like a full purebred, so I am not quite sure. To me, his face looks like an English bulldog, but I am guessing at 5 months, his face should be a bit larger. If he is a purebred, should I be worried that he is only 21lbs? Please help! Thank you everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
If the breeder gave your papers to prove that his ancestors are only english bulldogs, then it is purebred.
If not, it'S very likely it is not.

perhaps there some other bully breed in the mix.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I would wait until he is older to really try and tell. Not all breeders are honest.

The dog on the right in the 1st pic super cute face.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is he neutered? He looks very much like the way my bulldog's brother who was neutered at a very young age. My bully was not neutered. They were from the same litter. And now they look nothing alike (not talking color, but build). My bully has a broad chest and big head. His brother looks a little lanky and has a small head. The breeder told us that because one was neutered at such a young age he hadn't had enough testosterone to get the "bully look". Now I don't know how true it is, just something I was told. We are all friends on facebook and post pics of our bullies so she was able to see mine and commented on one of his pics. Even if he isn't he's adorable!

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Maybe he's an Olde English Bulldog instead? Or maybe the breeder is a bulldog breeder breeding for less extreme conformation?

Is that his mother in the first pic, or another dog? Do you have any pictures or information about his parents?

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I always think that if you're not sure if he's Purebred, something must have been off at the breeders. Did the parents look good? What about the rest of the litter?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I agree with SpicyBulldog not all breeders are honest. This is the AKC standard:

Save Yourself Some Pain. Know The Bulldog AKC Standard!

I am going to believe he is a Valley Bulldog (50% English Bulldog, 50% Boxer)

Example is this pup on the left who is 6 months old:

or this little guy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.