1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,240 Posts
Definitely girl.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Boy dogs will have their uh, projecting parts more towards the middle of the stomach than right at the back end, for clarification.

·
Registered
579 Posts
This thread made me giggle quite a bit :D

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I knew Jessie was a girl in petshop when they lifted her legs up but i had never seen a female dog private before so wasnt even a day of having her that i was stroking her and she rolled onto her back i thought whats that round thing there? i go and ask mum to show her then realise its her vagina lol!

Then one day i trimmed the hair there as i do with Jessie on a regular basis this time bit shorter then the usual and very tidy and mum says has Jessie got poo stuck to her bum? i looked and couldnt find it so mum told me to turn her over and then said right there so i point to area in question and mum said yes that is it poo? i said mum its her vagina! we were in hysterics(late last year/early this year it was) my mum is a midwife too lol! just never seen Jessies so close up

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Um, that's a vulva, so it's female. A male's penis is in the middle of the belly and has testicles between the legs.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Who doesn't know how to tell dogs genders apart.. Cat's I can understand (when they are kittens) but dogs are so easy to tell
Before Jessie id only ever seen a intact female vagina so when i got Jessie i wondered what the round thing was lol as first female dog but i figured it out 10 mins later... was hilarious

·
Registered
231 Posts
True story.

My neighbor got a greyhound puppy this year. Though very hard to get, he has rescued greys before and had a good relationship with the rescue group. I saw his pup at just 8 weeks and asked whether it was a girl or boy and he said they didn't now yet and would have to wait to find out definitively when neutered. But they think it's a girl.

How can this be? Well, the pup was born to a female at a racetrack. Apparently, the females are given testosterone shots to keep them from getting pregnant, but this mom was already pregnant when given the shot. I didn't see the puppy's anatomy but I'm guess the hormones gave an intersexed appearance.

Strange, but interesting. And a darn cute pup, it is.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I had some people send me a picture of their litter of pups. They said they were all males but it was obvious the one lying on it's back was a female. I wrote them back and said if they all looked like the one on it's back, they are probably all females. When they took them into the Vet, he checked them and they were all females.

It may seem obvious to people who have animals but if someone just buys a pup and has nothing to compare it with, I can see them being a little confused.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Oh gosh. This made me laugh.

I did the same thing when I had my first female puppy years ago. I called the breeder back and said I thought there has been a mix up. The breeder laughed at me and assured me I had a girl. You have a girl too!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts