Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two danes. Recently in the past two days their gas has been less than bearable. In the past I gave them plain yogurt for a week and everything was fine. Now they both hate the yogurt. Is there anything else I could give them to help? It's just once in a while they get really stinky and even the dogs hide their noses under a blanket.
Nothing in their diets have changed
They've both been vet checked last Monday
Attitude, behavior, and potty breaks haven't changed
Indoor dogs
Orion is 2, Zeus is almost 2.
They're on Natural Balance Sweet Potato and Duck. They're both allergic to everything else we've tried.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
clover is/was very gassy...i've been woken from a deep sleep, and literally had to run out of the room in order to keep my stomach...that was when i first got him tho and he was eating pretty crappy food and everything ended in diarreah...anyway...he is better now, but every once in a while he still clears the room...lol...
i saw these supplements at the pet store for gassy dogs the other day but i didn't have time to really check them out....might be worth looking into....

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,579 Posts
No ideas here sorry -Welcome to the forum~ :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you

yeah I'm in the horse forum too. my horse doesn't have gas issues and she's big too. jeeze these dogs!!! last night they wanted to snuggle and I tried. I really did but it wasn't working I was going to die. haha. I still love em though.

·
Registered
18,782 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wouldn't gas suggest that perhaps they're allergic to this food as well? Since its not sitting *right*. :)

also NB changed som' of their duck formulas recently and it was making dogs everywhere yack/poop....is it a new bag of food? Som'thing about it changing from duck meal to duck protien upset lots of tummies.
hmmm..I didn't know they changed it. I might have to switch to a different "flavor" of NB. We've been on this food since we went through a bunch of different ones (cleared the store down the street). Mudbay is down the street and they suggested trying NB so we did and no bumps or loss of hair for about a year. Maybe a different flavor of NB will be better. They have had a little loose poo come to think of it but nothing slopping and still formed. It just plopped instead of dropped if that makes sense.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
My dog gets really bad gas too, call them sulphuric farts. when she sleeps under the comforters her butt 95% of the time faces toward my face, and I like curling around her to absorb her warmth while sleeping :eek: She wakes me up sometimes too... it usually means I groan and go "Emmy!" while trying to disperse the scent quicker by waving the comforter around :eyeroll:

getting on prozyme has helped somewhat for her at least, but the other day the BF fed her a piece of steak, cus she was acting all oh so cute... he decided that night never to feed her steak again :D

~MSE

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Missy is really ripe also, but it is because I have her on a high protein/fat mix for weight gain. When Cleo sneaks some of Missy's food, she can peel paint. What Crio suggested sounds like a good start.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts