Dog Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!,

My Pom Snuggles has double rowed teeth (9 months old ). His adult teeth are coming in but his puppy teeth havnt fallen out. He has already seen the vet and he advised that I get the puppy teeth pulled. I was told he only needs the incisors pull so 4 teeth. I wanted to see if others have encountered this with their dogs, what their experience was and if they felt it was necessary. The reason i am considering getting his puppy teeth pulled is because i think he is feeling pain. He recently started cry and pawing at his snout/teeth. I am on my way to the vet now for a second consultation.

·
Banned
5,528 Posts
I would 1000% have them pulled. He does not have enough room for all those teeth. The adult teeth won't grow in appropriately and cause malalignment and may cause more issues in the long run. If he's not already neutered, do it concurrently to save on anesthesia charge. Otherwise he'll at least need sedation and that's where costs add up. The teeth themselves are probably about $10-$20 per tooth to pull, depending on where you live.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Our vet will pull these teeth for free during spay/neuter procedures.

But, yes, get them pulled since they will cause mouth issues down the road if they stay in. The problems can range from bad breath to chronic inflammation that can lead to the formation of tumors/cancer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts