Dog Forum banner

Is it bad to have a playful dog?

5K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  laurelsmom 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
Play is a good thing. The more happy play the better, as far as I'm concerned!

I remember when I was 11 and adopted my Lab mix puppy (who has since passed). Her mother was a border collie and she was from a litter of TEN. When I came in, she was the only one that was awake, and I decided I wanted a playful dog so I chose her. :p

I don't regret that choice for a second. She was quite the character but overall was an amazing dog. Loving, playful, kind. Perfection.

#11 ·
Odd as it is, I kinda get why you've asked this question.

I'm a dog parent to 4 awesome dogs and one of them is more playful than the others. Very playful, in fact, that he seems too needy. His name is Teddy.

Sometimes, the other three just behaves, while he seems to have so much energy to run around. It's nice to see him happy, though.

#12 ·
If playful puppy is your only concern as pet parent so far, then you surely are the luckiest one I know!:thumbsup:
Simply enjoy those moments while they last! If you think that your puppy will grow into an energetic dog, there are some activities, such agility training, which both you and your dog will find funny and motivating!
What Is Dog Agility Training - Tips & Benefits - Pets Happy Hour

#15 ·
Ah, don't worry about it!

I've got a playful puppy too, so I just smile and say "We're working on ignoring people." or "We're working on ignoring dogs." if she chooses the wrong potential new friend.

Some people just don't like puppies or terriers or pitties or whatever they don't like, but that's not your dog's fault.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.