Dog Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Play is a good thing. The more happy play the better, as far as I'm concerned!

I remember when I was 11 and adopted my Lab mix puppy (who has since passed). Her mother was a border collie and she was from a litter of TEN. When I came in, she was the only one that was awake, and I decided I wanted a playful dog so I chose her. :p

I don't regret that choice for a second. She was quite the character but overall was an amazing dog. Loving, playful, kind. Perfection.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea, what's there to worry from a playful dog, if you're afraid he might get lost because of too much playing hope his microchipped or is equipped with a dog gps tracker.

·
Registered
522 Posts
It is MORE than natural for your puppy to play a lot. Be happy and play with him now; when he gets older he might not play as much. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Very very normal. I have a 9 month old pup now and it's abnormal if he isn't playing and being active. When he isn't that's my cue to see if he feels "off". I love the puppy stage..one of my favorites.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Odd as it is, I kinda get why you've asked this question.

I'm a dog parent to 4 awesome dogs and one of them is more playful than the others. Very playful, in fact, that he seems too needy. His name is Teddy.

Sometimes, the other three just behaves, while he seems to have so much energy to run around. It's nice to see him happy, though.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ah, don't worry about it!

I've got a playful puppy too, so I just smile and say "We're working on ignoring people." or "We're working on ignoring dogs." if she chooses the wrong potential new friend.

Some people just don't like puppies or terriers or pitties or whatever they don't like, but that's not your dog's fault.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts