Dog Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glacier, our white pit, LOVES to frolic in the grass in the SUN and needs to wear sunscreen if he is going to be outside for some time. Just found a tiny tiny bottle of dog sunscreen for 13 bucks and its only spf15....I have non oil based 45spf sunscreen I want to use instead lol. Is this ok?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glacier, our white pit, LOVES to frolic in the grass in the SUN and needs to wear sunscreen if he is going to be outside for some time. Just found a tiny tiny bottle of dog sunscreen for 13 bucks and its only spf15....I have non oil based 45spf sunscreen I want to use instead lol. Is this ok?
I put human sunscreen on my colie's bare nose (snout) all the time.. hasn't bothered her yet..

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Prevention for me is the best way to protect our dogs from sun. It is also good to apply sun screen so that you can assure for the safety of your dogs health. And when purchasing a sun screed look for that mild and products made specifically for babies.

or maybe try to visit this site that are selling sun screen for dogs.
http://www.nutra-9.com/epi-petsunprotectorsunscreen.aspx
Well he is all white so heHAS TO HAVE sunscreen on when we take him out, luckily its been too hot to do this for long periods of time so have not needed it (plus he is still youngand cant go walking and running anywhere but our backyard lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i use the baby johnson and johnson sunscreen for my horses that is what my vet told me to use and it works very well ( they have ALOT of white on their faces)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts