Dog Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we just got sushi from the shelter about a week ago, and we're convinced he's in no way a beagle mix, there's my avatar pic as well as a few pics here...

·
Registered
93 Posts
His face has a softness like a beagles. How heavy is he? Temperment ?
The first picture I could really see it more then the second though

·
Registered
93 Posts
I agree he looks like a pit, but he's way to small.
He may be, but I feel bad for the smaller dog out of his parents.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I have a dog that looks NOTHING like either of the breeds he has in him, well maybe a teensy weensy bit like a lab. I agree that the temperament and size (weight) will help determine if it is possible. It could be another rescue refusing to put "pit bull" on the breed (ours here have no problems saying pit or pit mix so I am not used to such lies).

·
Registered
93 Posts
^^
No offence, but here in canada (or ontario anyways) it's illegal for a pitbul, unless you had one prior to the law. I don't agree with it, anyways.. alot of shelters in my area have pitbull mixes, and in this time, around here anyone would LOVE to be able to adopt one, because thats the closest they'll get to a pure bred. So even if she doesn't live in this area, or even country alot of people stopped breeding pitbulls, so if a shelter were to say they'd have one, even a mix im sure alot of people would go for it so I don't get why'd they not say the breed even if they knew.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the feedback, he's relatively sedate, what's got us pretty convinced that he's a pitbull mix is, as even as his temperament is with humans he tends to lunge towards other dogs in excitement or aggression?? maybe?? he's also got pit ears, he's about 35 pounds right now and he's only 6 months, he hasn't been eating very well (he's an owner surrender) and so we're thinking it's an adjustment period, along with his kennel cough he got from the shelter...but we really don't think he's a beagle mix, but the shelter was FULL of pitbulls so we aren't sure why they would lie? on his papers he says that he was a beagle boston terrier, but he's too big already, haha we're just not sure what he is poor guy

·
Registered
18,782 Posts
thanks for the feedback, he's relatively sedate, what's got us pretty convinced that he's a pitbull mix is, as even as his temperament is with humans he tends to lunge towards other dogs in excitement or aggression?? maybe?? he's also got pit ears, he's about 35 pounds right now and he's only 6 months, he hasn't been eating very well (he's an owner surrender) and so we're thinking it's an adjustment period, along with his kennel cough he got from the shelter...but we really don't think he's a beagle mix, but the shelter was FULL of pitbulls so we aren't sure why they would lie? on his papers he says that he was a beagle boston terrier, but he's too big already, haha we're just not sure what he is poor guy

Could be either... Most pits I meet tend to either extactically LOVE LOVE dogs (like mine) or want to rip them apart. Hard to say without letting the dog meet another dog and watching what happens...:(

35lbs @ 6 months is going to grow up to be a decent size dog.

My pit was labeled "sharpei mix" even though the other pit bulls were labeled correctly...I don't think the same person always labels the dogs, shelter staff varies in knowledge ALOT...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah true...it also doesnt help that our apartment is full of dogs that are always overly excited. it doesnt seem like theres a calm dog around for a proper calm doggy introduction.

·
Registered
22,635 Posts
i volunteered at a shelter for a while, and to my surprise (i feel sooo naive sometimes) a lot of the staff was very prejudiced against pits( pits are one of my most favorite breeds of dogs). i'm sure that they have to deal with a lot of irresponsible dog owners and there are a lot of pits in my neck of the woods, but come on, you work with dogs all the time, during the year i worked there, they euthanized a newfie for attacking one of the staff (she's a "know-it-all" idiot, imo), whenever a non-pit showed any signs of aggression (like when a lab mix attacked a pit mix puppy and bit through his foot), they would just note it on the description, but if a pit so much as looked wrong at another dog, they would label him/her aggressive and dangerous:mad:......i know that at shelters they are often faced with tough decisions blah blah blah, i just get so frustrated when the people who are in a position to make a huge change/impact on what goes on around them are so ignorant.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts