Dog Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So the breeder was feeding him Purina Pro Plan puppy food (we bought a big bag of that so never switched him), and he's running out of it now. He's 5 months old and the vet said it was okay to switch him to adult food now. We wanted to switch him to a better quality food, so my mom bought him a bag of blue wilderness grain free dry dog food. On dog food advisor I believe it gives the food 5 stars, but i've read reviews with negative results..

Is this food okay to feed him? I'm not sure if exercise has anything to do with what food we should give him, but he goes on 1-2 easy short walks in the morning and afternoon and in the evening he goes on a long walk/short jog (he loves it).

Thanks!

·
Registered
868 Posts
If I remember correctly blue buffalo hasn't been truthful about their ingredients. They claim that there is no by products in their food but a study found that there is by products in their food. They denied it for a year before admitting it. So for that their integrity is questionable.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Is this food okay to feed him? I'm not sure if exercise has anything to do with what food we should give him, but he goes on 1-2 easy short walks in the morning and afternoon and in the evening he goes on a long walk/short jog (he loves it).

Thanks!
I think its has gotten a lot of bad rap. I fed it for about 6 years with good results and no recalls. The only reason I switched to Zignature was because I think that beans are healthier than potato.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
If you have a bag, go ahead and feed it, but for that price, there are better options. My dog, who would cheerfully eat a rock, wouldn't eat the "Lifesource bits", and since that's where the vitamins and minerals are, that was a problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We had been buying BB for the last year or so but the bags we bought in April/May were BAD. We thought it was my older dog just slowing down but it was downright killing him! Giving him bladder control issues, lethargy, not wanting to eat his food, vomiting. When my 3 yr old mini aussie ate his food because he had left some in his bowl he threw up! Right then and there I googled BB on recent customer reviews and I was reading the same thing that had happened to my older dog again and again. It was ridiculous!

BB was bought out and had changed their recipe in December. They now import chicken by products from China. Vitamins are minerals are also imported from China, yes even the ones we eat so that explains dogs not wanting the eat the Lifesourse bits. My dogs were on Orijen but since we have 3 now its just too expensive. We switched to Earthborn Holistic with Earthborn wet on top (for older dogs bad too) or just some low sodium chicken broth. BB is no longer a quality dog food and they lied about whats in it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts