Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm Luna, and my dog's full name is Marvelous Mustachious Maximus (my brother's friend named him that b/c his mustache is bi-colored). I've been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder and PTSD, and Max is my ESA. I'm training him to perform similar activities of a PTSD service dog, and may need a little help/input along the way.
I'm hoping to become a dog trainer for my future career. After I graduate, I hoped to attend some kind of trade school for dog training. I want to be capable of doing as many types of training as possible, such as service dogs, K9 officers, therapy dogs, obedience, and maybe even acting dogs. If anyone knows of any schools in the US that provides services like this, I would love to hear your suggestions!

·
Banned
283 Posts
Hello,
I'm Luna, and my dog's full name is Marvelous Mustachious Maximus (my brother's friend named him that b/c his mustache is bi-colored). I've been diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder and PTSD, and Max is my ESA. I'm training him to perform similar activities of a PTSD service dog, and may need a little help/input along the way.
I'm hoping to become a dog trainer for my future career. After I graduate, I hoped to attend some kind of trade school for dog training. I want to be capable of doing as many types of training as possible, such as service dogs, K9 officers, therapy dogs, obedience, and maybe even acting dogs. If anyone knows of any schools in the US that provides services like this, I would love to hear your suggestions!
Lunawolfsong.........interesting name.
Mine is also a Max - Maximillian Thunderbolt.

I think your aspirations are laudable. I'm not in the US so no help in offereing specific advice. We are currently enrolling ours in the pets as therapy scheme. Its been like ploughing through muddy water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts