Dog Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My name is Linda.. and my fiances name is Kenny. We have a beautiful little rottweiler pup named Bosco. We have had him from the age of six weeks and he is now a few days short of being 11 weeks.
We had been talking and thinking about getting a dog for the last 2 years. I however didnt do any research on anything and jumped into this with both feet. It has been a learning process for all of us. We have made plenty of mistakes and work digently daily to correct what needs to be corrected, learn from it, do research and move on.
Bosco is my everything. We love and care for him so much.
We have been dealing with one major problem for the last few weeks... sarcoptic mange. He goes in for weekly dips (lime sulfur).. and is being given ivermectin to kill the mites from the inside out also. He is responding well to the treatments and his coat has grown back and the itching and digging is gone, except for the occasional flea that gets on him when we have to take him outside to potty. He is an inside dog. I am constantly washing everything, cleaning the carpets.. shampooing and vacuming.. bedding changed everyday... its been exhausting.. but so worth it. To see him happy and healthy with his shiney coat and being so active.. its just awesome.
Anyways... i let this intro get kinda long.. i hope to make some new friends and have a supportive community here on this forum. Looking forward to metting yall.
Oh I forgot.. we live about 15 mins outside of New Orleans.. on the Mississippi River in Plaquemines Parish.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hi Linda, you've been caring much for your dog and I admire you for it. Every owner should give what's due to their four-legged friends. Happy to hear from you and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Aww he sounds like a sweetie :) I hope he stays well! I live not far from where y'all are; I'm in central MS. It's very warm, to understate things.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts