Dog Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cousin’s cat had 4 kittens. I ended up with one of them. He’s 8 weeks old, and I need eyes at the back of my head with him. :ROFLMAO:

Purple Flooring Grey Comfort Floor

Felidae Flooring Carnivore Fawn Wood

Cat Carnivore Felidae Dog breed Whiskers

Creative arts Tints and shades Small to medium-sized cats Tail Rectangle

The girls know he’s there, and have had a sniff around (Milly, being a sight hound, will be on lead until I can trust her), while Kaylus was safe in a play pen, but they haven’t really “met” yet. I’m planning on introducing him to Honey first, with her being closer to his size. :LOL:

·
Registered
22 Posts
My cousin’s cat had 4 kittens. I ended up with one of them. He’s 8 weeks old, and I need eyes at the back of my head with him. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 254940
View attachment 254942
View attachment 254941
View attachment 254939

View attachment 254940
View attachment 254942
View attachment 254941
View attachment 254939

The girls know he’s there, and have had a sniff around (Milly, being a sight hound, will be on lead until I can trust her), while Kaylus was safe in a play pen, but they haven’t really “met” yet. I’m planning on introducing him to Honey first, with her being closer to his size. :LOL:
So cute! Good luck with your kitten adventures they grow so quickly!

·
Administrator
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ooh, gorgeous. How did you choose the name?
I googled names meaning Trouble Maker. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: As soon as I saw it, I knew it was the one. :D It's gender neutral, so if he turns out to be a she, I don't have to change it.

He's supposed to be the "calm" one. All I can say is, the others must be flipping lunatics :LOL:
Dad was quick to point out that it's also the name of the Klingon Messiah/war god. :rolleyes:

So cute! Good luck with your kitten adventures they grow so quickly!
Thank you. :D

·
Administrator
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, the three of them have met through the safety of a baby gate. I sat on the ground behind the gate with Kaylus, to stop him from going through it.

It went OK, as far as I can tell. The girls were curious, but no staring, and Kaylus had his tail up, and curled at the tip, hissed at them from the safety of the other side of my legs, so he seemed confident. Seems to be more drawn to Milly than Honey, too, at the moment, which, as she is the more playful, makes a certain amount of sense - in a terrifying kind of way.

I’ve been worried about him not eating, but he’s just used the litter box (literally, a shallow delivery box taped together with some cat litter in), so he must have eaten something in the last 24hrs. I’ve just come back in from a walk with the girls, and checked on him and he’s sound asleep, so I’m spending some quality time with the girls (and drinking lemonade because I probably need the sugar and definitely need the caffeine🤪 :LOL: )

·
Administrator
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the ganging up on Hooman has started. : 🤪 (and I’m very, very lucky that’s as bad as it got).

I was busy putting some food down for Kaylus, and knew he was behind me.

I turned around, straightened up, and saw Kaylus standing in the middle of the living room. I said “the living room door’s open.m, isn’t it?)

Yup. And the girls were on the other side of the baby gate (which, luckily, was locked - am not a complete idiot :LOL: )

Milly had her ears up in her curious position, nose sniffing the air, sidekick Honey beside her, not doing much at all🤪 😁 )

They got a swift “Good Girls” and a pet before I closed the door.

Kaylus, meanwhile, has found out how to play Keep Aways. (I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if Milly told him the rules of the game)🤨:cautious:He had great fun, running around the room loaded with energy from 4 pieces of kibble. :LOL:

I finally catch him, place him in the enclosure with his food, and leave the living room.

Milly and Honey had used the diversion to get into the kitchen and help themselves to the open pack of kitten food I’d accidentally left on the counter.

I’d done so well, too, keeping them away from the plate of kitten food while Kaylus ignored it. :rolleyes:

Yup. They’re going to run rings around me, aren’t they? 🤪😒:rolleyes::LOL:

·
Administrator
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It’ll be a week tomorrow since Kaylus came home. Introductions between him and the girls are continuing to go well, to the point where this morning, I let them meet without a barrier between them, feeding the girls treats, while playing with Kay and his fishing rod.

This afternoon, things went a step better. This time. Kaylus was in his enclosure “for a nap”, but he had other ideas… of course he did. So while I tried to have my lunch in peace, in the living room as opposed to my bedroom, with all 3 of my more sentient pets around me (Kaylus screaming his disapproval at being behind bars when there was food to be had), Milly went over to see him, her tail whipping from side to side in her “Hello Friend” manner.

God help me if they become best friends. I dread to think of the mischief the Original Trouble Maker Madam Milly Lurcher and her two little sidekicks could cleft up to. 😳😱🤪 🤪 🤪 :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

·
Administrator
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Using one of the girls’ puzzle feeders (now that he’s more settled in, he got it very quickly);
Cat Felidae Carnivore Wood Comfort

Cat Felidae Wood Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

The pic that will let me forgive him all his Naughty Mischievousness;
Cat Vertebrate Carnivore Felidae Gesture

Making a mockery of my attempts to contain him to the living room (Luckily, the girls were safely enclosed in the bedroom in this pic)
Road surface Wood Asphalt Flooring Floor

The obligatory cat in a box pic;

He’s finally started to take wet food, too.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts