Dog Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We welcomed Gambler into our home on Monday, 5/2/2022. He is 8 weeks 4 days old today. He weighs in at 17lbs(7.711kg). He is eating well with the raw diet. He is very cute and sweet. He is a blue fawn, also known as a Formentino. Here are a few pics...
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Grass Whiskers
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Plant Companion dog
Dog Carnivore Plant Dog breed Fawn

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did Olive adjust to a new friend? I enjoy your occasional updates about your training classes and life with her, and I’m looking forward to reading about Gambler’s progress too.
Gambler has been in our bedroom since Monday night, while Olive has been moved from our room to the living room. The reason for separation is because Gambler still has stitches in his ears (cropped Monday morning). Olive did get to meet him this morning and instantly wanted to play. The wrapping/bandage was removed today. Now we really have to be careful with him and not pop a stitch.

Gambler will not be going through the puppy training class. Not because I didnt enjoy it, but because like most training classes, its training owners not the puppy. We are hoping to use Olive as a guide/assistant to our training Gambler.

Gambler is on a raw diet as well. He is enjoying it. He eats 7oz four times a day. We can hardly get the bowl to the floor before he is jumping up for it. Gambler's food is ground until he gets adult teeth.

Our 4 year old daughter loves playing with Olive and can't wait to play with Gambler too. She is so excited about both of them. We sat her down a few weeks ago and told her that Olive will have puppies one day and her response was "Can I help her have puppies?". Lol. She is so curious and wants to be involved in everything. We think its great. She has been gining commands to Olive at mealntimes and feeding Olive. She also likes to help hold the leash on walks or out in the unfenced part of the yard. She is not old enough or strong enough to hold onto leash by herself, unless Olive is on her prong collar. She is still supervised and we are right by her side if something were to come up.

Olive at 5 months(need to take some new ones.
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Working animal Snow

Olive at 5 months and our daughter
Comfort Wood Happy Fawn Thigh

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gambler has now been in our home for a week and had his first vet appt last night. He now is weighing 20lbs and had his stitches removed from his ears. He is still learning to walk on leash. He is eating very well and is working on some commands. Olive and him have met a couple times for a few minutes while on leash. Still being careful since he is still little and also has to wear the cone of shame. Both seem to want to play with one another.
Dog Carnivore Grass Fawn Companion dog
Dog Eye Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts